Exterro® Inc., the preferred provider of software specifically designed for in-house legal and IT teams at Global 2000 and AmLaw 200 organizations, today [June 6, 2018] announced the release of the 2018 State of E-Discovery Report. Unlike any other report in the industry, the State of E-Discovery Report pulls from multiple industry-leading sources giving readers a unique, comprehensive assessment of the e-discovery industry.
The key learnings in the report include:
- A clear focus on efficiency and technology in e-discovery is fueling ongoing, long-term progress.
- Technology continues to advance rapidly, delivering sizable improvements in e-discovery efficiency and effectiveness.
- Executives and legal department management are recognizing that bringing e-discovery in-house provides more control, transparency, and efficiency across the e-discovery process.
- Evolving technology, the changing legal landscape, and new international regulations pose the biggest challenges to e-discovery practitioners.
The 2018 State of E-Discovery Report includes data and analysis from various organizations operating in a variety of e-discovery practices, including:
- Blickstein Group
- Complex Discovery
- Drinker Biddle
- Gibson Dunn
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- RAND Institute for Civil Justice
“Combining research that Exterro has conducted, along with other industry-leading surveys and reports, the State of E-Discovery Report is a comprehensive and dynamic view into the trends and challenges currently facing the e-discovery industry. It is clear from the data in this report that e-discovery practitioners are seeing significant progress in their ability to operate efficiently by approaching e-discovery as a business process and taking advantage of innovations in technology,” said Bill Piwonka, CMO at Exterro.
Exterro®, Inc. is the preferred provider of software specifically designed for in-house legal and IT teams at Global 2000 and AmLaw 200 organizations. Founded with the simple vision that applying the concepts of process optimization and data science to the way companies respond to litigation would drive more successful outcomes at a lower cost, Exterro has been positioned as a Leader in the last three years of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software. Built on an open architecture platform, Exterro’s e-discovery and information governance software integrates with existing IT, HR and legal systems to deliver complete visibility into all critical data required for managing information assets more efficiently.