Privacy Considerations – The California Consumer Privacy Act
Effective date: March 18, 2019
ComplexDiscovery (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.complexdiscovery.com website (the “Service”).
This resource highlights our approach to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) to protect California consumers rights regarding personal information (PI).
Your Personal Information Rights Under The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives California consumers new privacy rights regarding their personal information (PI). These rights include:
- Abbreviated Disclosure Right Applicable to Businesses that Collect PI: Provides a consumer the right to request that a business disclose the categories and specific pieces of PI collected about them.
- Right to Opt-In for Children: Business Obligation Not to Sell Children’s PI Without Affirmative Authorization: Provides that a business must obtain the opt-in consent from the child’s parent or guardian before selling the child’s PI.
- Rights to Access and Portability: Provides consumers the right to access their PI after submitting a verifiable access request.
- Right Not to be Discriminated Against for Exercising Any of the Consumer’s Rights under the Title: Gives consumers the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights under the CCPA. Examples of discrimination include: denying goods or services to the consumer, charging different prices or rates for goods or services, providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer, or suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Should you chose to exercise any of these CCPA rights with ComplexDiscovery, please contact us. We will need to verify the requesting consumer’s identity and validity of the request and, upon successful verification, ComplexDiscovery will act on request-specific obligations.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org