In describing today’s accelerating changes, the media fire blips of unrelated information at us. Experts bury us under mountains of narrowly specialized monographs. Popular forecasters present lists of unrelated trends, without any model to show us their interconnections or the forces likely to reverse them. As a result, change itself comes to be seen as anarchic, even lunatic. Alvin Toffler
By answering eight key communication questions, this insightful presentation provides communications considerations that can make a difference for those seeking to effectively close “the last three feet” with their audience.
Key questions addressed in this presentation include:
- How does one change/maintain behavior?
- How many contacts are typically required to “close a deal”?
- How do clients best receive information?
- How do clients best retain information?
- How important is providing “proof points”?
- How do our minds work?
- How does order of entry effect market share?
- Where are clients on the innovation adoption curve?
This original version of the Communications 101 presentation (provided above) has had over 29,800 views since originally posted in March of 2007. Updated versions also appear on SlideShare and https://complexdiscovery.com and have resulted in almost 2,500 additional views of this short but always relevant presentation.