Content Assessment: Deep State? Thirteen Research Reports on the State of eDiscovery Business in 2020
Information - 95%
Insight - 95%
Relevance - 100%
Objectivity - 95%
Authority - 95%
A short percentage-based assessment of the qualitative benefit of the recent roll-up of research reports by ComplexDiscovery on the state of eDiscovery business during the past year.
Editor’s Note: ComplexDiscovery is an online publication that highlights data and legal discovery insight and intelligence ranging from original research to aggregated news for use by business, information technology, and legal professionals. The highly targeted publication seeks to increase the collective understanding of readers regarding data and legal discovery information and issues and to provide an objective resource for considering trends, technologies, and services related to electronically stored information. One key area of coverage by ComplexDiscovery is the business of eDiscovery.
2020 Reporting on the Business of eDiscovery: Thirteen Reports
Provided for your reference are selected report descriptions and links to core reports published during the last year by ComplexDiscovery relating to key eDiscovery business spheres of interest.
Quarterly eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey: A non-scientific quarterly survey designed to provide insight into the business confidence level of individuals working in the eDiscovery ecosystem. The survey consists of nine core multiple-choice questions focused on factors related to the general business of eDiscovery, including sentiment toward revenue, profits, and challenges. Additionally, the survey contains three optional questions focused on the business operational metrics of days sales outstanding (DSO), monthly recurring revenue (MRR), and revenue distribution across customer bases.
- A Season of Change? Eighteen Observations on eDiscovery Business Confidence in the Fall of 2020 (Aggregation 2016-2020)
- Holding the Rudder? Fall 2020 eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results
- Shifting Gear? eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Summer 2020
- Blown Away? eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Spring 2020
- Beautifully Dormant? eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Winter 2020
Semi-Annual eDiscovery Pricing Survey: A non-scientific and non-comprehensive survey designed to provide general insight into eDiscovery pricing as shared by individuals working in the eDiscovery ecosystem.
- Balancing Relevance and Reality? Winter 2021 eDiscovery Pricing Results
- A Pandemeconomic Indicator? Summer 2020 eDiscovery Pricing Results
- The Cost of Doing Business: Winter 2020 eDiscovery Pricing Survey Results
Semi-Annual Predictive Coding Technologies and Protocols Survey: A non-scientific survey designed to help provide a general understanding of the use of predictive coding technologies, protocols, and workflows by data discovery and legal discovery professionals within the eDiscovery ecosystem.
- Casting a Wider Net? Predictive Coding Technologies and Protocols Survey – Fall 2020 Results
- Is It All Relative? Predictive Coding Technologies and Protocols Survey – Spring 2020 Results
Annual eDiscovery Market Size Mashup: An aggregation of published industry data points from research firms, industry commentators, and eDiscovery providers, modeled and presented to highlight eDiscovery software and service market size and growth projections.
- An eDiscovery Market Size Mash-Up: 2020-2025 Worldwide Software and Services Overview
- Resetting the Baseline? eDiscovery Market Size Adjustments for 2020
Annual eDiscovery Mergers, Acquisitions, and Investments Overview: An aggregation of the publicly reported merger, acquisition, and investment events, tracked and published to present the events and pulse rates of these events in the eDiscovery ecosystem.
ComplexDiscovery is grateful to all the legal, business, security, and information technology professionals that contributed to and participated in our research efforts during 2020.
In addition to these reports, ComplexDiscovery also has an extensive listing of report extracts and explanations for time frames before 2020. These reports, extracts, and explanations can be found in the investments, market sizing, and surveys sections of the ComplexDiscovery blog.
- A New Era in eDiscovery? Framing Market Growth Through the Lens of Six Eras
- A (Brand) New Approach? Considering the Framework and Structure of eDiscovery Offerings