eDiscovery Mergers, Acquisitions, and Investments in 2017
Since beginning to track the number of publicly highlighted merger, acquisition, and investment (M&A+I) events in the eDiscovery ecosystem, ComplexDiscovery has noted more than 300 M&A+I events between November 2001 and December 2017.
While not all inclusive due to the fact that M&A+I events are not always publicly disclosed, the abridged listing of M&A+I events maintained by ComplexDiscovery notes key industry business moves by sharing event date, company involvement, and event amount (if known).
Based on an aggregate review of the abridged listing through the lens of 2017, the following findings, data points, and tracking chart may be useful for understanding M&A+I activity patterns in the eDiscovery ecosystem from January 1, 2017, through December 31, 2017.
Four Key Findings
- There have been at least 24 M&A+I events in the eDiscovery ecosystem during 2017. (n=24)
- October was the most active month in 2017 for M&A+I events with at least five total events.
- February was the least active month in 2017 for M&A+I events with no events.
- The decrease in total M&A+I events between 2016 and 2017 (36 to 24) appears to be the most significant yearly drop in terms of events since the 2012 to 2013 decrease (49 to 22).
M&A+I Data Points
Activity By Month (2017)
- January – 1
- February – 0
- March – 2
- April – 1
- May – 4
- June – 1
- July – 3
- August – 1
- September – 1
- October – 5
- November – 2
- December – 3
M&A+I Tracking Chart
(Chart Can Be Expanded for Detailed Viewing)
Chart: An Overview of Merger, Acquisition, and Investment Events by Calendar Month (2017)Events in 2017
Investing in eDiscovery Running Listings
- An Abridged Look at the Business of eDiscovery: A Short List of eDiscovery Investors
- An Abridged Look at the Business of eDiscovery: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Investments
Source: Original Research