Content Assessment: Onsite or Remote? Document Reviewer Preferences Survey (Winter 2023)
Information - 93%
Insight - 92%
Relevance - 92%
Objectivity - 91%
Authority - 93%
A short percentage-based assessment of the qualitative benefit of the new Document Reviewer Preferences Survey from ComplexDiscovery regarding onsite and remote review economics and environments.
Editor’s Note: From time to time, ComplexDiscovery highlights publicly available or privately purchasable announcements, content updates, and research from cyber, data, and legal discovery providers, research organizations, and ComplexDiscovery community members. While ComplexDiscovery regularly highlights this information, it does not assume any responsibility for content assertions.
To submit recommendations for consideration and inclusion in ComplexDiscovery’s cyber, data, and legal discovery-centric service, product, or research announcements, contact us today.
Background Note: ComplexDiscovery regularly conducts non-scientific surveys to gain insight into the business of eDiscovery. These surveys include the quarterly eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey, focused on gaining insight into the current confidence of eDiscovery-ecosystem professionals regarding economic factors impacting the creation, delivery, and consumption of eDiscovery products and services. Today CompexDiscovery expands that survey portfolio by introducing a new business survey focused on understanding the preferences of cybersecurity, information governance, and legal discovery document reviewers regarding onsite and remote review work. This new survey may benefit law firms, legal departments, and service providers seeking to better understand the expectations and economics of both onsite and remote review environments.
Document Reviewer Preferences Survey (Winter 2023)
- The first reason is that document reviewers have very pronounced preferences regarding their desire to work in either onsite or remote review environments. By better understanding these specified preferences, law firms, legal departments, and service providers can invest in the environments and design compensation rates that best meet reviewer needs while still achieving business objectives.
- The second reason is that document review providers face challenges in explaining and justifying compensation rates to law firms and legal departments. With market information to share in this arena, document review providers may be better positioned to educate and inform document review consumers on the preferences of reviewers and how these preferences may influence compensation rates for reviewers.
- Providing a deeper understanding for law firms, legal departments, and service providers seeking to align expectations and economics to support document review professionals in both onsite and remote review environments.
- Creating a shared understanding for document review professionals regarding the preferences of fellow reviewers, collective preferences that ultimately influence the balance of and compensation for onsite and remote review work.
Document Reviewer Preferences Survey – Core Questions
- Are you interested in remote document review work?
- Are you interested in onsite document review work?
- What factors directly influence your consideration of onsite document review work?
- How far would you travel round trip for onsite review work?
- If considering both onsite and remote review work, if offered the same pay and benefits, which would you prefer?
- If requiring an incentive to work onsite, what would you expect the additional compensation to be per hour?
- If offered onsite work, what COVID/health risk precautions would you expect to be required?
Survey Comments and Consideration – Optional Question
- Additional comments or considerations that may be helpful for understanding document reviewer preferences regarding onsite and remote review.
ComplexDiscovery will anonymize responses to the survey and does not share any individual or organizational contact data, demographics, or answers.
The Document Reviewer Preference Survey response period will be between today and mid-December 2022. Upon completion of the survey, the results will be anonymized, provided to all participants via email, and published on the ComplexDiscovery website.
As your opinion directly influences the economics and environments for document reviewers, please take the time to complete this short survey. The results will provide law firms, legal departments, and service providers with an important reference for considering compensation and work location decisions for onsite and remote reviews.
Generative Artificial Intelligence and Large Language Model Use
ComplexDiscovery OÜ recognizes the value of GAI and LLM tools in streamlining content creation processes and enhancing the overall quality of its research, writing, and editing efforts. To this end, ComplexDiscovery OÜ regularly employs GAI tools, including ChatGPT and DALL-E2, to assist, augment, and accelerate the development and publication of both new and revised content in posts and pages published (initiated in late 2022).
ComplexDiscovery also provides a ChatGPT-powered AI article assistant for its users. This feature leverages LLM capabilities to generate relevant and valuable insights related to specific page and post content published on ComplexDiscovery.com. By offering this AI-driven service, ComplexDiscovery OÜ aims to create a more interactive and engaging experience for its users, while highlighting the importance of responsible and ethical use of GAI and LLM technologies.
Have a Request?
If you have information or offering requests that you would like to ask us about, please let us know and we will make our response to you a priority.
ComplexDiscovery is a premier online publication renowned for providing essential insights and intelligence in the realms of cybersecurity, information governance, and legal discovery to professionals navigating these fields. As a leading source of information, the publication expertly combines original research with aggregated news to cater to a highly specialized audience. Committed to enhancing readers’ understanding of relevant topics, ComplexDiscovery stands as an impartial and comprehensive resource for exploring trends, technologies, and services associated with electronically stored information.
The driving force behind this influential publication is ComplexDiscovery OÜ, a technology marketing firm that excels in strategic planning and tactical execution for organizations operating within these sectors. Registered as a private limited company in Estonia, a global leader in digital advancements, ComplexDiscovery OÜ dedicates its primary focus to supporting the publication. The company capitalizes on its virtual presence to provide marketing consulting and services to a diverse array of clients around the world, further solidifying its reputation as a leading voice in the eDiscovery ecosystem.