2010-2018 ARCHIVED CONTENTYou are viewing ARCHIVED CONTENT released online from 1 April, 2010 to August 24, 2018. Content in this archive site is NOT UPDATED, and links may not function. For current information, go to ComplexDiscovery.com.
Taken from a combination of public market sizing estimations* as shared in leading electronic discovery publications, posts and discussions over time, the following eDiscovery Market Size Mashup** shares general market sizing estimates for both the software and service areas of the electronic discovery market for the years between 2013 and 2018.
Provided as manual mashup charts are three general views of the eDiscovery market to include a combined software and services market view, a software market view and a service market view. The mashup charts represent one interpretation of publicly available market sizing data and are designed to be “general in nature, focusing on trends in relation to market size, growth and segmentation.
Chart 1 – eDiscovery Software and Services Mashup: 2013 – 2018
Chart 2 – eDiscovery Software Mashup: 2013 – 2018
Chart 3 – eDiscovery Services Mashup: 2013 – 2018
Sources for eDiscovery market sizing estimations include but are not limited to publicly available content (including abstracts, excerpts, quotes) from the following:
- Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software.” Jie Zhang, Debra Logan, Garth Landers. June 19, 2014.
- IDC “Wordwide eDiscovery Software 2014-2018 Forecast.” Sean Pike. May 2014.
- The Radicati Group. “eDiscovery Market, 2013-2017.” Sara Radicati. August 2013.
- Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software.” Debra Logan, Alan Dayley, Sheila Childs. June 10, 2013.
- The Radicati Group. “eDiscovery Market, 2012-2016.” Sara Radicati, Todd Yamasaki. October 2012.
- Transparency Market Research. “World e-Discovery Software & Service Market Study.” August 2012.
- Rand Institute For Civil Justice. “Where the Money Goes: Understanding Litigant Expenditures for Producing Electronic Discovery.” Nicolas Pace and Laura Zakaras. April 2012.
- IDC “MarketScape: Worldwide Standalone Early Case Assessment Applications Vendor Analysis.” Vivian Tero. September 19, 2011.
- Industry Observer Estimations (Multiple Observers)
Previous ComplexDiscovery eDiscovery market sizing mashups include:
- An eDiscovery Market Size Mashup: 2012-2017 Worldwide Software and Services Overview – June 20, 2013
- An eDiscovery Market Sizing Mashup – May 20, 2012
**What is a Mashup?
A mashup is a combination or mixing of content from different sources to create a new way of looking at data. The main characteristic of a mashup includes combinations, visualizations, and aggregation. Mashups can be helpful in making existing data more useful, moreover for personal and professional use. (Wikipedia)
Have a Request?
If you have information or offering requests that you would like to ask us about, please let us know and we will make our response to you a priority.
ComplexDiscovery is an online publication that highlights cyber, data, and legal discovery insight and intelligence ranging from original research to aggregated news for use by cybersecurity, information governance, and eDiscovery professionals. The highly targeted publication seeks to increase the collective understanding of readers regarding cyber, data, and legal discovery information and issues and to provide an objective resource for considering trends, technologies, and services related to electronically stored information.
ComplexDiscovery OÜ is a technology marketing firm providing strategic planning and tactical execution expertise in support of cyber, data, and legal discovery organizations. Focused primarily on supporting the ComplexDiscovery publication, the company is registered as a private limited company in the European Union country of Estonia, one of the most digitally advanced countries in the world. The company operates virtually worldwide to deliver marketing consulting and services.