2010-2018 ARCHIVED CONTENTYou are viewing ARCHIVED CONTENT released online from 1 April, 2010 to 24 August, 2018. Content in this archive site is NOT UPDATED, and links may not function. For current information, go to ComplexDiscovery.com.
Taken from a combination of public market sizing estimations* as shared in leading electronic discovery publications, posts and discussions over time, the following eDiscovery Market Size Mashup** shares general market sizing estimates for both the software and service areas of the electronic discovery market for the years between 2013 and 2018.
Provided as manual mashup charts are three general views of the eDiscovery market to include a combined software and services market view, a software market view and a service market view. The mashup charts represent one interpretation of publicly available market sizing data and are designed to be “general in nature, focusing on trends in relation to market size, growth and segmentation.
Chart 1 – eDiscovery Software and Services Mashup: 2013 – 2018
Chart 2 – eDiscovery Software Mashup: 2013 – 2018
Chart 3 – eDiscovery Services Mashup: 2013 – 2018
Sources for eDiscovery market sizing estimations include but are not limited to publicly available content (including abstracts, excerpts, quotes) from the following:
- Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software.” Jie Zhang, Debra Logan, Garth Landers. June 19, 2014.
- IDC “Wordwide eDiscovery Software 2014-2018 Forecast.” Sean Pike. May 2014.
- The Radicati Group. “eDiscovery Market, 2013-2017.” Sara Radicati. August 2013.
- Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software.” Debra Logan, Alan Dayley, Sheila Childs. June 10, 2013.
- The Radicati Group. “eDiscovery Market, 2012-2016.” Sara Radicati, Todd Yamasaki. October 2012.
- Transparency Market Research. “World e-Discovery Software & Service Market Study.” August 2012.
- Rand Institute For Civil Justice. “Where the Money Goes: Understanding Litigant Expenditures for Producing Electronic Discovery.” Nicolas Pace and Laura Zakaras. April 2012.
- IDC “MarketScape: Worldwide Standalone Early Case Assessment Applications Vendor Analysis.” Vivian Tero. September 19, 2011.
- Industry Observer Estimations (Multiple Observers)
Previous ComplexDiscovery eDiscovery market sizing mashups include:
- An eDiscovery Market Size Mashup: 2012-2017 Worldwide Software and Services Overview – June 20, 2013
- An eDiscovery Market Sizing Mashup – May 20, 2012
**What is a Mashup?
A mashup is a combination or mixing of content from different sources to create a new way of looking at data. The main characteristic of a mashup includes combinations, visualizations, and aggregation. Mashups can be helpful in making existing data more useful, moreover for personal and professional use. (Wikipedia)
Generative Artificial Intelligence and Large Language Model Use
ComplexDiscovery OÜ recognizes the value of GAI and LLM tools in streamlining content creation processes and enhancing the overall quality of its research, writing, and editing efforts. To this end, ComplexDiscovery OÜ regularly employs GAI tools, including ChatGPT and DALL-E2, to assist, augment, and accelerate the development and publication of both new and revised content in posts and pages published (initiated in late 2022).
ComplexDiscovery also provides a ChatGPT-powered AI article assistant for its users. This feature leverages LLM capabilities to generate relevant and valuable insights related to specific page and post content published on ComplexDiscovery.com. By offering this AI-driven service, ComplexDiscovery OÜ aims to create a more interactive and engaging experience for its users, while highlighting the importance of responsible and ethical use of GAI and LLM technologies.
Have a Request?
If you have information or offering requests that you would like to ask us about, please let us know and we will make our response to you a priority.
ComplexDiscovery is a premier online publication renowned for providing essential insights and intelligence in the realms of cybersecurity, information governance, and legal discovery to professionals navigating these fields. As a leading source of information, the publication expertly combines original research with aggregated news to cater to a highly specialized audience. Committed to enhancing readers’ understanding of relevant topics, ComplexDiscovery stands as an impartial and comprehensive resource for exploring trends, technologies, and services associated with electronically stored information.
The driving force behind this influential publication is ComplexDiscovery OÜ, a technology marketing firm that excels in strategic planning and tactical execution for organizations operating within these sectors. Registered as a private limited company in Estonia, a global leader in digital advancements, ComplexDiscovery OÜ dedicates its primary focus to supporting the publication. The company capitalizes on its virtual presence to provide marketing consulting and services to a diverse array of clients around the world, further solidifying its reputation as a leading voice in the eDiscovery ecosystem.