The Predictive Coding Technologies and Protocols Survey
Initiated on August 31, 2018, the Predictive Coding Technologies and Protocols Survey is a non-scientific survey designed to help provide a general understanding of the use of predictive coding technologies and protocols from data discovery and legal discovery professionals within the eDiscovery ecosystem. The survey was open from August 31 through September 15, 2018, with individuals invited to participate directly by ComplexDiscovery and indirectly by industry website, blog, and newsletter mentions.
Designed to provide a general understanding of predictive coding technologies and protocols, the survey had two primary educational objectives:
- To provide a consolidated listing of potential predictive coding technology and protocol definitions. While not all-inclusive or comprehensive, the listing was vetted with selected industry predictive coding experts for completeness and accuracy, thus it appears to be profitable for use in educational efforts.
- To ask eDiscovery ecosystem professionals about their usage and preferences of predictive coding platforms, technologies, and protocols.
The survey offered responders an opportunity to provide predictive coding background information, including their primary predictive coding platform, as well as posed three specific questions to responders. Those questions being:
- Which predictive coding technologies are utilized by your eDiscovery platform?
- If you use k-Nearest Neighbor Classifier (k-NN), do you use 1-NN or k-NN with k>1?
- Which technology-assisted review protocols are utilized in your delivery of predictive coding?
Closed on September 15, 2018, the survey had 31 responders.
Have a Request?
If you have information or offering requests that you would like to ask us about, please let us know and we will make our response to you a priority.
ComplexDiscovery is an online publication that highlights cyber, data, and legal discovery insight and intelligence ranging from original research to aggregated news for use by cybersecurity, information governance, and eDiscovery professionals. The highly targeted publication seeks to increase the collective understanding of readers regarding cyber, data, and legal discovery information and issues and to provide an objective resource for considering trends, technologies, and services related to electronically stored information.
ComplexDiscovery OÜ is a technology marketing firm providing strategic planning and tactical execution expertise in support of cyber, data, and legal discovery organizations. Focused primarily on supporting the ComplexDiscovery publication, the company is registered as a private limited company in the European Union country of Estonia, one of the most digitally advanced countries in the world. The company operates virtually worldwide to deliver marketing consulting and services.