Editor’s Note: This is the sixteenth quarterly eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey conducted by ComplexDiscovery. Since January 2016, more than 1,621 individual responses to the survey have been received from legal, business, and technology professionals across the eDiscovery ecosystem. The role makeup of responders in the fifteen previous surveys includes executive leaders, operational managers, and tactical execution professionals.
The eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey is a non-scientific quarterly survey designed to provide insight into the business confidence level of individuals working in the eDiscovery ecosystem. The core survey consists of nine multiple-choice questions focused on factors related to the creation, delivery, and consumption of eDiscovery products and services. Additionally, the survey includes three multiple-choice questions focused on the trajectory of key operational business metrics.
The anonymous survey is open to legal, business, and information technology professionals operating in the eDiscovery ecosystem and individuals are primarily invited to participate via direct email invitations. ComplexDiscovery anonymizes responses to this survey and does not share any individual or organizational contact data, demographics or answers.
As your opinion is essential in helping form a complete picture of the business confidence of those in the eDiscovery ecosystem, please do take the time to complete this short, anonymized survey. The results help all legal, business, and technology professionals in the eDiscovery ecosystem better understand the industry’s current state of business confidence.
All questions are multiple-choice, and the entire survey can be completed in about two minutes.
* Fall 2019 survey response period is between today and mid-October 2019.
Past Survey Results
- Summer 2019 Survey (1 July 2019 – 17 July 2019)
- Spring 2019 Survey (1 April 2019 – 18 April 2019)
- Winter 2019 Survey (27 December 2018 – January 10, 2019)
- Fall 2018 Survey (14 October – 26 October 2018)
- Summer 2018 Survey (4 July – 24 July 2018)
- Spring 2018 Survey (7 April – 20 April 2018)
- Winter 2018 Survey (24 December 17 – 15 January 2018)
- Fall 2017 Survey (5 October – 17 October 2017)
- Summer 2017 Survey (6 July – 31 July 2017)
- Spring 2017 Survey (14 April – 1 May 2017)
- Winter 2017 Survey (20 January – 6 February 2017)
- Fall 2016 Survey (11 October – 1 December 2016)
- Summer 2016 Survey (1 August – 31 August 2016)
- Spring 2016 Survey (1 May – 31 May 2016)
- Winter 2016 Survey (15 February – 29 February 2016)
Have a Request?
If you have information or offering requests that you would like to ask us about, please let us know and we will make our response to you a priority.
ComplexDiscovery is an online publication that highlights cyber, data, and legal discovery insight and intelligence ranging from original research to aggregated news for use by cybersecurity, information governance, and eDiscovery professionals. The highly targeted publication seeks to increase the collective understanding of readers regarding cyber, data, and legal discovery information and issues and to provide an objective resource for considering trends, technologies, and services related to electronically stored information.
ComplexDiscovery OÜ is a technology marketing firm providing strategic planning and tactical execution expertise in support of cyber, data, and legal discovery organizations. Focused primarily on supporting the ComplexDiscovery publication, the company is registered as a private limited company in the European Union country of Estonia, one of the most digitally advanced countries in the world. The company operates virtually worldwide to deliver marketing consulting and services.