Editor’s Note: This is the thirteenth quarterly eDiscovery business confidence survey conducted by ComplexDiscovery during the last three years, with more than 1,193 individual responses having been received from legal, business, and technology professionals across the eDiscovery ecosystem. The role makeup of responders in the thirteen surveys includes executive leadership, operational management, and tactical execution professionals.
The eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey is a non-scientific quarterly survey designed to provide insight into the business confidence level of individuals working in the eDiscovery ecosystem. The core survey consists of nine multiple choice questions focused on factors related to the creation, delivery, and consumption of eDiscovery products and services. Additionally, in the fall of 2018 three new questions were added to determine responder sentiment regarding the business operational metrics of days sales outstanding (DSO), monthly recurring revenue (MRR), and revenue distribution across customer bases. The survey is open to legal, business, and information technology professionals operating in the eDiscovery ecosystem and individuals are invited to participate by ComplexDiscovery primarily via direct email invitations.
As your opinion is important in helping form a complete picture of the business confidence of those operating in and around the eDiscovery ecosystem, please do take the time to complete this short, anonymized survey, as the results help all legal, business, and technology professionals in the eDiscovery ecosystem better understand the current state of business confidence and how their business is positioned regarding key operational metrics.
All questions are multiple-choice and the entire survey can be completed in less than two minutes.
* Winter 2019 survey response period is between today mid-January 2019.
Running Listing of Survey Results
- Fall 2018 Survey (14 October – 26 October 2018)
- Summer 2018 Survey (4 July – 24 July 2018)
- Spring 2018 Survey (7 April – 20 April 2018)
- Winter 2018 Survey (24 December 17 – 15 January 2018)
- Fall 2017 Survey (5 October – 17 October 2017)
- Summer 2017 Survey (6 July – 31 July 2017)
- Spring 2017 Survey (14 April – 1 May 2017)
- Winter 2017 Survey (20 January – 6 February 2017)
- Fall 2016 Survey (11 October – 1 December 2016)
- Summer 2016 Survey (1 August – 31 August 2016)
- Spring 2016 Survey (1 May – 31 May 2016)
- Winter 2016 Survey (15 February – 29 February 2016)
Source: Original Research