Editor’s Note: ComplexDiscovery is an online publication that highlights data and legal discovery insight and intelligence ranging from original research to aggregated news for use by business, information technology, and legal professionals. The highly targeted publication seeks to increase the collective understanding of readers regarding data and legal discovery information and issues and to provide an objective resource for considering trends, technologies, and services related to electronically stored information. One key area of coverage by ComplexDiscovery is the business of eDiscovery. As part of its coverage of the business of eDiscovery, ComplexDiscovery regularly reports on key business spheres of interest including business confidence, pricing, predictive coding technologies, market size, and investment activities. Provided for your reference are selected report descriptions and links to core reports published in 2019 by ComplexDiscovery relating to key eDiscovery business spheres of interest.
2019 Reporting on the Business of eDiscovery: Ten Reports
Quarterly eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey: A nonscientific quarterly survey designed to provide insight into the business confidence level of individuals working in the e-discovery ecosystem. The survey consists of nine core multiple-choice questions focused on factors related to the general business of eDiscovery, including sentiment toward revenue, profits, and challenges. Additionally, the survey contains three optional questions focused on the business operational metrics of days sales outstanding (DSO), monthly recurring revenue (MRR) and revenue distribution across customer bases.
- Beautifully Dormant? eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Winter 2020
- The Colors of Confidence? eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Fall 2019
- An Unusually Warm Summer? eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Summer 2019
- Is Business Blooming? eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Spring 2019
Semi-Annual eDiscovery Pricing Survey: A nonscientific and noncomprehensive survey designed to provide general insight into eDiscovery pricing as shared by individuals working in the e-discovery ecosystem.
- The Cost of Doing Business: Winter 2020 eDiscovery Pricing Survey Results
- What is the Price of Admission? Summer 2019 eDiscovery Pricing Results
Semi-Annual Predictive Coding Technologies and Protocols Survey: A nonscientific survey designed to help provide a general understanding of the use of predictive coding technologies, protocols, and workflows by data discovery and legal discovery professionals within the eDiscovery ecosystem.
- From Platforms to Workflows: Predictive Coding Technologies and Protocols Survey – Fall 2019 Results
- Actively Learning? Predictive Coding Technologies and Protocols Survey – Spring 2019 Results
Annual eDiscovery Market Size Mashup: An aggregation of published industry data points from research firms, industry commentators and e-discovery providers, modeled and presented to highlight eDiscovery software and service market size and growth projections.
Annual eDiscovery Mergers, Acquisitions, and Investments Overview: An aggregation of the publicly reported merger, acquisition, and investment events, tracked and published to present the events and pulse rates of these events in the eDiscovery ecosystem.
ComplexDiscovery is grateful to all the legal, business, security, and information technology professionals that contributed to and participated in our research efforts during 2019.
In addition to these reports, ComplexDiscovery also has an extensive listing of report extracts and explanations for time frames before 2019. These reports, extracts, and explanations can be found in the investments, market sizing, and surveys sections of the ComplexDiscovery blog.
- 2018 Research Roll-Up: Eleven Key Reports on the Business of eDiscovery
- Four Areas of eDiscovery? One Approach to Framing Market Growth