ComplexDiscovery combines original industry research with curated expert articles to create an eDiscovery blog designed to help legal, business, and information technology professionals better understand the business and practice of data discovery and legal discovery.
As part of its industry research in 2018, ComplexDiscovery expanded its survey and tracking efforts to include four core eDiscovery areas ranging from market sizing and business confidence to predictive coding and pricing. Provided for your use are descriptions and links to eleven key reports published during 2018 from these four areas.
Taken from a combination of public market sizing estimations as shared in leading electronic discovery publications, posts, data points, and discussions, the eDiscovery Market Size Mashup shares general market sizing estimates for the software and services area of the electronic discovery market for the years between 2018 and 2023.
- An eDiscovery Market Size Mashup: 2018-2023 Worldwide Software and Services Overview (November 20, 2018)
The eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey is a non-scientific quarterly survey designed to provide insight into the business confidence level of individuals working in the eDiscovery ecosystem.
- The Glass is Half Full | eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Fall 2018 (October 27, 2018)
- Controlled Optimism | eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Summer 2018 (July 24, 2018)
- Business is Good. Very Good. | eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Spring 2018 (April 20, 2018)
- Apparently Size Does Matter: eDiscovery Business Confidence Survey Results – Winter 2018 (January 20, 2018)
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Investments in eDiscovery
ComplexDiscovery findings, data points, and tracking information that may be useful for understanding M&A+I activity patterns in the eDiscovery ecosystem.
- eDiscovery Mergers, Acquisitions, and Investments in Q4 2018 (December 15, 2018)
- eDiscovery Mergers, Acquisitions, and Investments in Q3 2018 (September 27, 2018)
- eDiscovery Mergers, Acquisitions, and Investments in Q2 2018 (June 23, 2018)
- eDiscovery Mergers, Acquisitions, and Investments in Q1 2018 (April 1, 2018)
The Predictive Coding Technologies and Protocols Survey is a non-scientific survey designed to help provide a general understanding of the use of predictive coding technologies and protocols from data discovery and legal discovery professionals within the eDiscovery ecosystem.
- Relatively Speaking: Predictive Coding Technologies and Protocols Survey Results (September 16, 2018)
The eDiscovery Pricing Survey is a non-scientific and non-comprehensive survey designed to provide general insight into eDiscovery pricing as shared by individuals working in the eDiscovery ecosystem. The survey consists of 15 multiple choice questions focused on information and metrics related to eDiscovery pricing for collection, processing, and review tasks.
ComplexDiscovery is grateful to all the legal, business, security, and information technology professionals that contributed to and participated in our research efforts during 2018 and we look forward to serving the industry with a comprehensive research agenda in 2019.
In addition to these core reports, ComplexDiscovery also has an extensive listing of report extracts and explanations for time frames before 2018. These reports, extracts, and explanations can be found in the investments, market sizing, and surveys sections of the ComplexDiscovery blog.