Taken from a combination of public market sizing estimations as shared in leading electronic discovery publications, posts and discussions over time, the following eDiscovery Market Sizing Mashup** shares general market sizing data for both the software and service areas of the electronic discovery market for the years between 2009 and 2015.
Provided as mashup images for your consideration are three general views of the eDiscovery market to include a combined market view, a software-centric market view and a service-centric market view. The mashup images represent one interpretation of publicly available market sizing data and are designed to be “general in nature focusing on trends” versus “specific in nature focusing on econometric-like details”.
* Sources for eDiscovery market sizing estimations include but are not limited to:
- Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software”, by Debra Logan, John Bace, May 13, 2011.
- IDC “MarketScape: Worldwide Standalone Early Case Assessment Applications Vendor Analysis” Vivian Tero, September 19, 2011.
- Rand Institute For Civil Justice. “Where the Money Goes: Understanding Litigant Expenditures for Producing Electronic Discovery, Nicolas Pace and Laura Zakaras, April 2012.
- Industry Observer Estimations (Multiple Observers).