Extract from an article by Ken Tysiac
It may no longer be totally accurate to call blockchain a key technology for the future — because it’s already getting significant use today.
More than three-fourths (77%) of 600 executives in 15 countries surveyed by PwC have active blockchain initiatives underway:
- 15% have a blockchain project fully live.
- 10% have a blockchain implementation pilot in progress.
- 32% have a blockchain project in development.
- 20% are in research mode on a blockchain project.
Meanwhile, a newly released Deloitte report reveals that 34% of 1,053 respondents from seven countries say their company already has a blockchain system in production, and another 41% say they expect their organisations to deploy a blockchain application within the next 12 months.
In many cases, companies’ investments in blockchain are substantial. Nearly 40% of the Deloitte respondents said their organisation will spend $5 million or more on blockchain technology in the coming year. Experts say the technology can provide substantial benefits for users who match blockchain with the right business cases.
- Focus on Blockchain’s Risks Before the Rewards
- Foundational, Not Disruptive: The Truth About Blockchain