Content Assessment: Industry-First Remote Mobile Device Data Collection Solution from Cellebrite
Information - 90%
Insight - 95%
Relevance - 95%
Objectivity - 90%
Authority - 95%
A short percentage-based assessment of the qualitative benefit of the post highlighting the Cellebrite announcement of a pioneering remote mobile device collection capability.
Editor’s Note: From time to time, ComplexDiscovery highlights publicly available or privately purchasable announcements, content updates, and research from data discovery and legal discovery providers, research organizations, and ComplexDiscovery community members. While ComplexDiscovery regularly highlights this information, it does not assume any responsibility for content assertions.
To submit recommendations for consideration and inclusion in ComplexDiscovery’s data and legal discovery-centric service, product, or research announcements, contact us today.
Cellebrite Pioneers Industry-First Remote Mobile Device Data Collection Solution
Enterprise Endpoint Intelligence platform unifies remote mobile and computer data collection for the first time in one powerful solution that helps lower corporate risk by strengthening eDiscovery and Corporate Investigation capabilities
Cellebrite DI, Ltd. (NASDAQ: CLBT) (“Cellebrite”), a leader in Digital Intelligence (DI) solutions for the public and private sectors, today [September 29, 2021] announced the release of remote mobile data collection for Cellebrite Endpoint Inspector, the latest update of its cloud-first remote collection solution for e-discovery and corporate investigations. It is the first solution on the market with the ability to remotely retrieve evidence from iOS and Android mobile devices and Mac and Windows computers.
The introduction of remote mobile device data collection is the latest step in Cellebrite’s effort to address growing enterprise organization needs in corporate investigations, e-discovery, and incident response with an integrated Endpoint Intelligence Solution that enhances their ability to take swift action against threats with industry-leading data collection and analytics capabilities that are simple, effective, and efficient.
“We focused on simplifying the employee experience during data collection and deployed our domain expertise to engineer Endpoint Inspector to automate the complexity of the collection process and limit business interruption,” said Ken Basore, GM Enterprise Solutions, Cellebrite. “In Enterprises that deploy Endpoint Inspector, employees no longer need to hand over their device or spend hours with internal support personnel to follow complex procedures. We are pleased to be able to bring this value to our enterprise customers across life sciences, banking, insurance, and other industries.
The ability to unify data collection from computers and mobile devices has come at a critical time for Enterprises, with several emerging trends putting pressure on corporate investigations and the eDiscovery process:
- Employees rely on personal devices for work: A third (33%) of people use a personal device such as a computer or smartphone to facilitate home working. Cellebrite’s new remote mobile collection capability can collect evidence from devices that are inside or outside of an organization’s IT network, ensuring this vital information doesn’t go missing.
- Critical communication is shifting to messaging apps: 73% of employees revealed that they use mobile and consumer messaging applications like WhatsApp for business purposes. Cellebrite’s new remote mobile collection capabilities enable investigators and eDiscovery professionals to collect this information and create a richer and more complete picture of events.
- The workforce is increasingly distributed: The rise of remote working has also led to distributed teams scattered across geographies and locations. Cellebrite’s remote solution decreases the time and financial impact of collecting data from these employees – cutting out the cost and inconvenience of shipping or couriering devices to them.
Basore continued, “Corporate investigators are under serious pressure, now having to face the additional challenge of sourcing data to support cases from a geographically scattered hybrid workforce, who are using more devices and messaging services than ever before for professional communications. Today’s announcement underscores the strategic importance of Cellebrite’s cloud capabilities and our commitment to ensure enterprise investigators can adapt to a hybrid workforce.”
Cellebrite has introduced safeguards into the solution, including its Smart Collections feature, which ensures only information relevant to the investigation is taken from any device. Employees must provide explicit consent before their data is collected and a record of this permission is automatically created as part of the discovery process for audit purposes.
This new solution is available to purchase immediately. For more information, or to request a solution demo, visit www.cellebrite.com/en/enterprise-solutions.
Cellebrite’s (Nasdaq: CLBT) mission is to enable its customers to protect and save lives, accelerate justice, and preserve privacy in communities around the world. Cellebrite is the global leader in Digital Intelligence solutions for the public and private sectors, empowering organizations to master the complexities of legally sanctioned digital investigations by streamlining intelligence processes. Trusted by thousands of leading agencies and companies in more than 140 countries, Cellebrite’s Digital Intelligence platform and solutions transform how customers collect, review, analyze and manage data in legally sanctioned investigations. To learn more visit us at www.cellebrite.com and https://investors.cellebrite.com.
- An eDiscovery Market Size Mashup: 2020-2025 Worldwide Software and Services Overview
- Assessing Providers? The New Worldwide eDiscovery Services MarketScape from IDC